Unforeseen Events Covered by Travel Insurance
Unforeseen events are covered by travel insurance? The answer is, of course, yes because travel insurance should fill a gap when traveling in terms of any unforeseen events that may occur.
Traveling without one is not just risky but you could find yourself stranded on vacation in case of natural disasters away from home when you have overlooked the terms and conditions of the policy.
While you understand this important fact, it is detrimental that before you sign up for one, you prudently acquaint yourself with its travel terms and conditions, what the insurance is liable for, and to what extent you are protected.
The following are not covered or are partially covered in the travel insurance:
- Missing a flight or being late is not covered by most travel insurance policies except if you get involved in an accident as it is beyond your control. This accident has to be one that takes place on your way to the airport. This depends on the details of the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Natural disaster: unforeseen events or natural disasters may be severe to a point of causing damage or loss but if there is no damage or loss caused, the insurance will not cover this. This will depend on what your insurance regards as damage.
- No trip enjoyment: if a hurricane or heavy rain affects your planned activities but does not cause any damage to you, the insurance does not cover lack of enjoyment.
The benefits should be outlined in the terms of coverage
- If a natural disaster occurs during your trip, for example at your destination location, before you even arrive, the benefits will start to count.
- If a fire, flood, or natural disaster affects your home and prevents you from taking the trip causing you to cancel it, your benefits may start to roll in depending on your insurance policy.
- If a natural disaster damages your vacation residential home before you embark on the trip, causing you to cancel the trip, your cancellation benefits apply in this case.
During this period, Travel Insurance must cover the events generated by the Covid-19 pandemic, and fall within the risks insured by the policy, for the entire period of your trip abroad and at no additional cost.
Don’t worry about your holidays!
To start your journey without worries, your travel insurance should include in addition to the coverage mentioned above, the following:
- Emergency medical assistance and Repatriation, are covered within the specified limit.
- Cancellation in case of travel cancellation events, as a result of diagnosis with Covid19, if the chosen package also includes this clause.
- Insurance for interruption or extension of the trip – expenses generated by isolation/quarantine (interruption) and hospitalization (extension), expenses paid for accommodation/food, telephone, and plane ticket within the insured amount, if included in the insurance package.
To go quietly on your dream vacation, look for flexible travel insurance that saves you from extra expenses. Enter here and calculate the first one according to your needs!